THE TIM DWIGHT FOUNDATION, INC.
We are no longer accepting scholarship applications for 2015.
The Tim Dwight Foundation, Inc. Scholarship Program awards scholarships to students with great potential who have overcome adversity or challenges to achieve success in their lives. In addition to academic merit and financial need, the selection committee will consider extenuating circumstances that present challenges to obtaining a college degree. Possible examples of extenuating circumstances include but are not limited to students from one-parent families; students with social, mental or physical disabilities; students from families to support; or students with long-term health issues.
The Tim Dwight Foundation, Inc. Scholarship Program is funded by the Tim Dwight Foundation, Inc., which receives its funding in part from The Tim Dwight Football Camp.
The Foundation may award the following scholarships each year:
- One 4-year scholarship paid to the recipient’s university for eight consecutive semesters to cover the costs of tuition, room and board with the first installment paid at the commencement of the fall semester. To renew this scholarship, recipients must maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade-point average each semester and remain enrolled in the university on a full-time basis for eight consecutive semesters.
- One or more $5000 scholarships paid to the recipient’s university in two installments at the commencement of each semester.
- One or more $2500 scholarships paid to the recipient’s university in one installment at the commencement of the fall semester.
- One or more $1000 scholarships paid to the recipient’s university in one installment at the commencement of the fall semester.
In no event shall the Foundation, after accounting for all other scholarships and grants received by the recipient, pay an amount to the recipient’s university in excess of the recipient’s cost of tuition, room and board. If a recipient lives off campus, the recipient must inform the Foundation and the Foundation will disburse funds directly to the student in the amount of the university’s cost of room and board.
To be eligible to receive a Tim Dwight Foundation, Inc. Scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a United States citizen
- be a graduating senior from an accredited Iowa high school
- have applied to and ultimately be accepted by and enrolled in on a full-time basis (12 credits or more) one of the following accredited four-year universities:
- the University of Iowa
- Iowa State University
- the University of Northern Iowa
- submit official transcripts for grades 9 through 11( including class rank and cumulative GPA)
- complete The Tim Dwight Foundation Inc. Scholarship Program Application in which the applicant provides evidence of the difficulties and challenges faced in achieving his/her goals during high school and the challenges the applicant will face while attending one of the above-listed universities.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You can also obtain a scholarship application by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any eligible applicant may complete and submit an application to:
The Tim Dwight Foundation, Inc. Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 1877
Iowa City, IA 52244
Completed scholarship materials must be postmarked by February 1. The following information must be included with all application submissions:
- A completed Tim Dwight Foundation, Inc. Scholarship Program application form, including essay;
- Official transcript for grades 9 through 11 (including class rank and cumulative GPA); and
- Two letters of recommendation.
Scholarship recipients will be announced on or before May 11.